Dating is never easy. In fact it can be downright scary, especially if you’ve been away from the dating scene for a while or haven’t had much success in the past. These top ten dating tips will set you off to a good start.
1) Be punctual and dress up. Nobody likes a slob and dressing up will show her you are interested enough to try and look your best. If you’re like me and only buy a new shirt once every five years this may involve looking for some new clothes.
2) Be financially stable. A woman will be more likely to lose respect for you if you can not be independent in the real world. Think about what this says to her if you can not support yourself. She may think you are unmotivated or prone to making stupid mistakes.
3) Lose the addictions. Excessive drinking and smoking will put many women off. If you are a smoker you are going to limit potential dates right from the start.
4) Take an interest in what interests her. Not everyone loves the football or wants to talk about it every 5 minutes. Leave the football talk to your friends. When you are with her find out what she is likes.
5) Be prepared to listen. Girls like to talk and make an emotional connection. Guys like to talk and make logical conclusions. You don’t always have to give advice, maybe she just wants to talk so stop, and listen.
6) Learn to be courteous. Open doors. Be polite. How about some flowers for the table? This shows that you are confident enough in yourself that you can show respect for her.
7) Don’t sit down while everyone else is dancing. Girls love to dance so start learning. If you just sit down it shows you are insecure and maybe not a lot of fun to be around. If you don’t have someone special, who knows, you might find someone on the dance floor.
8) Don’t expect intimacy on the first date. She wants to know you are not just after sex. Patience is a virtue as they say.
9) Compliment the way she looks. More than likely she spent a lot of time preparing for this date with you. So acknowledge her effort and let her know how good she looks.
10) Stay Positive. Even if things don’t go well it’s not the end of the world. Too much pressure to make things work out just adds more stress. Have fun and enjoy the date.